· Poetry - Writer of modern poetry in Tamil. Published them in print media and in electronic forums. A poetry collection entitled “pullin valiyathu” (successful than grass) is available at
· Fiction and Non-fiction – Author of three books
· Ilai uthir kalam (The Fall) – a collection of short stories based on immigrant life. Publisher: Tamarai Selvi Publication, Anna Nagar, Chennai, India. 1998
· Nizhal veLi maanthar (The Cyber People) – a collection of short stories based on life in Tamil country and abroad. Publisher: Mathi Nilayam, T.Nagar, Chennai, India. 2002.
· Vilai pookum ninaivukal (Salable memories) – A collection of novelettes. Mathi Nilayam, T.Nagar, Chennai, India. 2002.
· Author of a number of articles on Science, Literature and Arts published in various Tamil magazines such as Subamangala, Kanaiyazhi, Puthiya Parvai, Maunam. An anthology is due for publication.
· Commentaries -
· Author of a modern commentary to Nalayira Thiya Prabandham – Srivaishnava Vedas. In a total of 108 articles, this commentary was serialized in Tamil Internet forums for more than 2.5 years. The entire collection is released in the form of an E-book at the Tamil Internet Conference 2001 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Sample articles are available at http://www.angelfire.com/ak/nkannan/puram.html
· Author of an internet series on Tirumandiram- a Saivite book of medieval times with deep insight into science, philosophy and religion. They are available for public reading at http://www.subaonline.de/siddha/sid/tthodar.htm
· Author ‘thiikkuL veralai vaiththaal’ – multi media CD on Vaishnava Literature.
· Author ‘Science and Medicine in Tirumadiram’ - multi media CD on Thirumoolar.
· Author ‘Sithi Junetha Begam’ - multi media CD on the first Muslim women novelist of Tamilnadu.
· Author ‘Herbal medicine of Tamilnadu’ - video CD introducing medical plants and their uses.
· Author ‘Siddha Medicine’ – a video CD on the traditional Tamil medical system.
· Author ‘The antiquity of Tamil’ - multi media CD on the antiquity of Tamil culture and language.
· Director, Tamil Heritage Foundation – a Digital Archiving Project on Tamil Cultural Heritage. http://www.tamil-heritage.org http://www.infitt.org/thf (mirror site)
· Chairman, International Forum for Information Technology in Tamil (Europe) [INFITT-Europe] - INFITT is a forum for coordinating Tamil Information Technology efforts worldwide; furthering the growth of on-line Tamil content globally; and facilitating the development of new Information Technologies for the advancement of Tamil culture, language, education and skill development, especially through global information infrastructure. The website of the International Center is available at http://www.infitt.org ; The website of the European branch is at http://www.subaonline.de/infitteurope
· Author of a Tamil font called “Tamizh” for Macintosh computers based on German keyboard layout.
· Regional Coordinator (Western Europe) – Project Madurai – Digital Archiving (e-texting) of Tamil Literary works http://www.projectmadurai.org
o e-suvadi (Electronic Manuscript) a forum of electronic archiving of ancient Tamil manuscripts http://groups.yahoo.com/group/esuvadi/
o INFITT Europe – a forum to promote INFITT activities in Europe http://groups.yahoo.com/group/infitteurope/
o Papers presented at
o Tamil Internet Conference 2000, Singapore
o Tamil Internet Conference 2001, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
o Tamil Internet Conference 2002, Foster City, CA, USA
available at http://www.infitt.org
o European INFITT delegation leader, TI 2001 & 2002
– Directed several one hour radio programs with 3-5 people for All India Radio, Trichi during 1976-84.
- Presented “Diaspora Letters” for BBC on “Life and culture of Tamil immigrants in Europe” between August 2001 to August 2002, a broadcast from BBC-London http://www.bbc.co.uk/tamil/index.shtml The text of these talks is archived at Sify.com http://tamil.sify.com/general/redirector.asp?section=diasporaletters
- Given interviews to London based Tamil radio International Broadcasting Corporation (Tamil) http://www.tamil.net/special/
o Television – Appeared in Talk shows and special interviews in the following Televisions
o Sun TV Network, Chennai India – a dialogue with Malan, Anto Peter and Prof.Krishnamurthi on Tamil computing, March 2002.
o TTN , Paris, France – Putham Puthu Kalai – Informative morning, interview of important personalities of Tamil nation. Feb.2002.
o Deepam TV, London – Interview. May 2002. A portion of the interview is web enabled http://www.angelfire.com/indie/n_kannan
o Vijay TV, Chennai, India. “Nyandi Dharbar” , a talk show by Uhi Sethu. Special appearance and interview. Feb. 2001
o Jeya TV, Chennai, India. “Kaalai Malar”, Informative morning, interview of important personalities of Tamil nation. Sep.2000
o CiTV, London, UK – ‘kavippechu’ (poetry talk) a dialogue with poet, author Mr.A.Amirtharaj on modern Tamil poetry. Dec.2002
Deepam TV, London – Morning Discussion (kaalai kathir), a telephonic distant discussion. 30 minutes. Friday Feb.07, 2003. http://www.angelfire.com/indie/n_kannan/